Name: Mechanical, Automation and Maintenance Fitting Apprenticeship
Counties available for apprenticeships:
Apprenticeship Type: Automation and Maintenance Fitting Apprenticeship, Mechanical,
Details: The apprenticeship programme is designed to provide apprentices with the required knowledge, skills and competence to perform as a qualified craftsperson. Under the guidance of experienced Technicians, the Apprentice is primarily responsible to provide a support service to the site as part of the Facilities Management-Services team specializing in Mechanical, Automation and Maintenance fitting activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under the guidance of experienced Technicians:
- Complete all training, both on and off site phases as per SOLAS Mechanical, Automation and Maintenance Fitting Apprenticeship training programme curriculum.
- Provide Mechanical/Automation and Maintenance fitting support to Facilities, Quality Assurance Team, Automation, Engineering, Operations or any other area as required.
- Installation, testing and troubleshoot site mechanical systems, PLC’s(Programmable Logic Controllers), plant and machine diagnostics, and carry out assigned mechanical duties.
- Complete both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities on plant and equipment.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities on a range of bioprocess equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Carry out bench fitting, workshop machine operation, turning duties.
- Carry out Thermal Processes, welding, fabrication and grinding duties.
- Comply with site Environmental, Health and Safety policies and strive to maintain an accident free environment.
- Ensure documentation of maintenance activities to current GxP standards both in paper based records and the computerized maintenance system.
- Maintaining the physical condition and environment of all areas.
- Support continuous improvement, housekeeping and Lean initiatives.
- Promotes quality and customer service.
- Follows current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs).
- Work across all areas of Facilities.
- Contribute to the development of the apprenticeship programme at Regeneron.
- A Leaving Certificate qualification to include a maths and a science or engineering subject as a minimum.
Previous work experience or completion of a pre-apprenticeship course would be viewed as an advantage.
Strong technical aptitude and a drive for further education and training.
Ability to work as part of a successful team.
TO APPLY GO TO CAREERS.REGENERON.COM.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29 June 2018.