Name: Electrical Instrumentation Apprenticeship
Counties available for apprenticeships:
Apprenticeship Type: Electrical Instrumentation Apprenticeship,
Biography: The apprenticeship programme is designed to provide apprentices with the required knowledge, skills and competence to perform as a qualified craftsperson. Under the guidance of experienced Technicians, the apprentice is primarily responsible to provide a support service to the site as part of the Facilities Management Services team specializing in Electrical and Calibration activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under the guidance of experienced Technicians:
- Complete all training, both on and off site phases as per SOLAS Electrical Instrumentation Apprenticeship training programme curriculum.
Education and Experience:
- Provide Electrical/ Instrumentation/Calibration support to Facilities, Quality Assurance Team, Engineering, Operations or any other area as required.
- Install, test and troubleshoot site electrical systems, PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers), PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) and carry out assigned electrical duties.
- Complete both scheduled and unscheduled Electrical and Calibration maintenance activities.
- Work on automated control systems and with low voltages.
- Loop checking, tuning, troubleshooting and startup of instrumentation.
- Calibration of various types of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, level, flow and analytical instruments or others as required.
- Comply with site Environmental, Health and Safety policies and strive to maintain an accident free environment.
- Ensure documentation of maintenance activities to current GxP standards both in paper based records and the computerized maintenance system.
- Maintain the physical condition and environment of all areas.
- Support continuous improvement, housekeeping and Lean initiatives.
- Promote quality and customer service.
- Follow current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs).
- Work across all areas of Facilities.
- Contribute to the development of the Apprenticeship Programme at Regeneron.
- A Leaving Certificate qualification to include a maths and a science or engineering subject as a minimum.
Previous work experience or completion of a pre-apprenticeship course would be viewed as an advantage.
Strong technical aptitude and a drive for further education and training.
Ability to work as part of a successful team.
TO APPLY GO TO CAREERS.REGENERON.COM.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29 June 2018.